Any links to online stores should be assumed to be affiliates. The company or PR agency provides all or most review samples. They have no control over my content, and I provide my honest opinion.
Due to the issues faced with Covid, the annual Amazon Prime Day(s) was not run on the usual date in April this year.
Amazon has no confirmed the official date for 2020 is 13th & 14th October, which feels a little excessive knowing that Black Friday is just 6 weeks later, with Amazon often starting at least a week early.
However, some experts have advised that consumers should think about buying their Christmas presents early this year, with the expectation that it is going to be a bumper year for online sales because of covid. So you now get a double-whammy of affordable shopping from Amazon.
Spend £10, Get £10 with small businesses
This year Amazon are pretending that they care about small companies by offering Prime members who spend £10 with select small businesses selling in Amazon’s store from 28th Sept – Mon 12th October will earn £10 to spend on Prime Day
Amazon also claim they are investing more than £75 million to support small businesses globally with special Prime Day and holiday season promotional programmes
Prime Day will feature more than one million deals globally throughout the two-day event, from top brands including Philips, Toshiba, NESCAFÉ, LEGO, Nintendo, Shark, Samsung, Under Armour, Sony, Le Creuset and many more
Prime members get an early start to a season of savings, with deals live from 28th September
Because every day is an Amazon Prime Day
To ramp things up, effectively giving us two whole months worth of sales, Prime members can shop early exclusive offers and deals every day leading up to Prime Day on 13th and 14th October.
- Amazon Devices – Starting today, save £99.60 and get the Amazon eero 3-pack for £149.40, offering a simple, reliable WiFi system for streaming, gaming, and working from home.
- Smart Home Security – Also live from 28th September are deals on smart home security, including the new compact indoor smart security camera Blink Mini for just £24.99, and save £60 on the Alexa-compatible Ring Spotlight Cam, now £139.
- Amazon Music – For just £0.99, Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months of the premium streaming tier with unlimited access to more than 60 million songs ad-free, and now a wide selection of popular podcasts.
- Prime Video –Prime members can get up to 50% off great movies and TV shows to rent or buy through Prime Video from 28th September to 14th October (inclusive), including Yesterday, John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum and Downton Abbey. A selection of great movies are also available to rent from 2nd October to 8th October (inclusive) from as little as £1.99 including Dolittle, The Invisible Man, and Arkansas.
- Audible – Prime members can enjoy three months of Audible for free if they subscribe between the 27thSeptember and 28th October 2020. New Audible members only, deal terms and conditions apply.
- Kindle Unlimited – Prime members can enjoy three months of Kindle Unlimited for no additional charge if they subscribe between the 1st and 14th of October 2020. New Kindle Unlimited members only, deal terms and conditions apply.
- Kindle Book Deals – Prime members who spend £15 on Kindle Books between 1st and 12th October 2020 will be entitled to a £5 Kindle Book credit to spend on any eligible Kindle Book within 30 days. Terms and conditions apply.
- Amazon First Reads – During October, Prime members can choose two Kindle Books available on Amazon First Reads for no additional charge.
- Amazon Fashion – Save up to 50% off select styles from Amazon Fashion brands, including Aurique, Iris & Lilly, find. and Truth & Fable.
- Amazon Brands – Save up to 20% off on select styles from Amazon brands, including home and electronic products from AmazonBasics, baby essentials from Mama Bear, health and personal care products from Solimo and snacks from Happy Belly.
I am James, a UK-based tech enthusiast and the Editor and Owner of Mighty Gadget, which I’ve proudly run since 2007. Passionate about all things technology, my expertise spans from computers and networking to mobile, wearables, and smart home devices.
As a fitness fanatic who loves running and cycling, I also have a keen interest in fitness-related technology, and I take every opportunity to cover this niche on my blog. My diverse interests allow me to bring a unique perspective to tech blogging, merging lifestyle, fitness, and the latest tech trends.
In my academic pursuits, I earned a BSc in Information Systems Design from UCLAN, before advancing my learning with a Master’s Degree in Computing. This advanced study also included Cisco CCNA accreditation, further demonstrating my commitment to understanding and staying ahead of the technology curve.
I’m proud to share that Vuelio has consistently ranked Mighty Gadget as one of the top technology blogs in the UK. With my dedication to technology and drive to share my insights, I aim to continue providing my readers with engaging and informative content.