Another Amazon fitness tracker review for you today! They have been a popular product this Christmas so it is good to see which ones are worth the money and which ones to skip.
This Letscom is a little different than the previous few trackers I have reviewed, priced at just £20 it is the cheapest one I have reviewed and functionally is something more like the Fitbit Alta. From a little bit of Amazon research, this is identical to multiple other trackers on Amazon including the moreFit Slim Fitness Tracker and the TOOBUR Waterproof Activity Tracker.
As with most of the other trackers I have used, these use the VeryFit Pro app which is surprisingly good.
It is quite a bit slimmer than the Charge style trackers and instead of a normal watch clasp strap there is a punch button style (exactly the same as the Alta). There is also no heart rate monitoring.
The exact specifications from Amazon state:
- All-day Activity Tracking: Accurately record all-day activities like steps, distance, calories burned, and active minutes
- Sleep Monitor: Automatically track your sleep duration and consistency with comprehensive analysis of sleep quality data; wake you up peacefully with a silent alarm
- Calls and Messages Reminder: Remind call, SMS and SNS notifications on your fitness tracker
- Built-in USB Plug: Built-in USB plug makes it easy to charge in any USB port, no cable needed. One full charge gives about 5-7 days of working time
- OLED Display & Replaceable Bands: See your daily activity and time on 0.86 inch OLED Display screen. 5 colours of bands give you more choices and pleasure when replacing your band (Bands are sold separately).band length is adjustable between 5.8 inches min. and 8.5 inches max.
While this is slimmed down slightly in both size and features from my previous reviews, it is almost identical functionality wise as the previous reviews.
Set up and usage instructions
Setup is very straightforward, once the device is charged, and you have downloaded the VeryFit App you then need to follow the set-up instructions via the app. My strap arrived charged, but I found that I had to plug it in to wake it up
When the app loads you will get three random screens than you need to press the right arrow to scroll through. The app will then scan for devices it can be possible connect with, it actually found 2 for me, my Suunto Spartan and the ID115Plus HR, and it is that you want to select. You then need to confirm bind device, and it should connect very quickly. The whole process took me a few seconds, and it is quite simple.
Once paired you will need to go through your profile set up which includes sex, height, weight and goals. Then finally you will be taken to the home screen where you can see your stats.
While on your wrist you can operate it using the small oval touch screen button at the bottom of the screen. A single tap wakes the tracker
Overall, like all the other devices that use VeryFit Pro, this is a fantastic fitness tracker and a bargain for the price. However, personally, I would opt for a tracker with a heart rate monitor, these are so cheap it is not much more of an investment, and Letscom even does a model in the Slim style with HR functionality and it is just £3 more.
Overall - 80%
I am a UK tech blogger and have been in the industry for over ten years now, running Mighty Gadget and its sister sites and contributing to other sites around the web. I am passionate about all tech, including computers/networking, mobile, wearables, and smart homes. I am also a fitness fanatic, being both a keen runner and cyclist, so I cover as much fitness tech as possible.