One of the watches people have been eager to launch is the new Instinct 2.
The original proved to be a popular launch acting as a sort of affordable Fenix with a rugged Casio G-Shock aesthetic.
The new Garmin Instinct 2 should be launching very soon and one German website has already been a little over-eager and published the product page early.
I will make a more detailed comparison in the near future but the new watch has an increased resolution, the new Garmin Elevate 4 sensor, solar, and will launch for 450-euros, which is roughly £380.
The Garmin Instinct Solar launched for £340
Garmin Instinct 2 Product Images
Garmin INSTINCT 2 Solar incl free Komoot world package
Smartwatches reach a new level with the Instinct 2 Solar. Garmin's outdoor watch is a reliable companion on your daily adventures in the city or in nature. Best of all: thanks to the latest solar technology, the battery of the Instinct 2 lasts practically forever in smartwatch mode. In GPS mode, it has a battery life of up to 48 hours. Ideal for anyone who wants to use their sports watch around the clock. Anyone who travels in a variety of ways can look forward to the extensive functions of the watch. Various sports apps such as HIIT, yoga or triathlon are included for the training area right from the start, but all kinds of body values can also be recorded with the sports watch. From the heart rate monitor to the VO2 max value, i.e. the maximum amount of oxygen absorbed per minute during exertion, to the Body Battery™ status and various other fitness tracking functions such as step counters or intensity minutes. This makes interval training or preparation for the next marathon possible with links. Each training day can be perfectly adapted to individual needs.
The Instinct 2 Solar can also shine with its focus on outdoor activities. The satellite navigation systems GPS, GLONASS and GALILEO are supported, so you are on the safe side on tours worldwide. The built-in 3-axis compass and a barometric altimeter help to determine the exact path and location. Various outdoor leisure time profiles such as mountaineering are precisely tailored to the respective activity. Route and track navigation, elevation profile or the back-to-start function simplify every track considerably, especially in unfamiliar terrain. No matter how demanding, the Power Glass™ of the lens protects against some stress and the military standard MIL-STD-810G also indicates a special resilience of the smartwatch. The transflective MIP display requires little energy and can also be viewed in bright ambient light. The watch is waterproof up to a value of 10 ATM, i.e. up to 100 meters or 10 bar pressure.
Of course, the popular smart functions should not be missing for everyday use, so the outdoor watch comes with Garmin Pay, smart notifications, music, weather and calendar functions and can be connected to other devices via ANT+ and Bluetooth. The Instinct 2 Solar is therefore ideally suited for all athletes and outdoor adventurers who want a particularly long battery life and thus maximum flexibility. With this smartwatch you can forget about charging regularly!
- Outdoor and sports watch
- latest solar technology with extremely long battery life
- Bluetooth®, ANT+®
- extensive outdoor and sports functions
- different profiles: hiking, mountaineering, cardio, yoga, golf, triathlon and much more
- Heart Rate Monitor, VO2 Max, Pulse Ox Sensor, Fitness Age
- Sleep analysis, recovery times, Body Battery™, women's health tracking
- Pedometer, calorie consumption and intensity minutes provide information about activities
- Safety functions such as automatic accident notification
- barometric altimeter, 3-axis compass, route and track navigation, TracBack™
- Multi GNSS support: GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- Connected Features – Garmin, Pay, Smart Notifications, Wetterinformationen, LiveTrack
- Compatible with Garmin Connect™, Garmin Explore™, Connect IQ™, Garmin Golf™
- light and sporty interchangeable bracelet made of silicone
- Display: 2.3cm (0.9″) diameter
- Displayauflösung: 176 x 176 Pixel
- Product dimensions: 45 x 45 x 14.5 mm
- for wrist circumference from 135 to 230 mm
- Strap width: 22mm
- Battery life (smartwatch / GPS mode): unlimited possible / up to 48 hours
- Maximum GPS battery mode: up to 370 hours
- GPS expedition mode and power saving mode: possible indefinitely
- waterproof up to 10 ATM / 100 m
- internal storage capacity: 32 GB
- Weight: 53g
- Case: Stainless steel
- What's in the box: Instinct 2 Solar, USB charge/sync cable, documentation
- including Komoot world package
I am a UK tech blogger and have been in the industry for over ten years now, running Mighty Gadget and its sister sites and contributing to other sites around the web. I am passionate about all tech, including computers/networking, mobile, wearables, and smart homes. I am also a fitness fanatic, being both a keen runner and cyclist, so I cover as much fitness tech as possible.